University PARK, Pa. — Penn State is yet again co-internet hosting a free of charge digital workshop in November on the subject of condition authorization that addresses concerns for Pennsylvania institutions that participate in Point out Authorization Reciprocity Agreements, or SARA.
The PA-SARA Workshop will be held from 1 to 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 17. Penn State Outreach and Online Education’s Office environment of Compliance and Contracts and the Pennsylvania Section of Instruction are the co-hosts for the seventh straight year.
Each individual 12 months the workshop provides together higher training experts from across Pennsylvania who perform in the discipline of point out authorization for distance instruction to listen to information and updates from nationwide and point out leaders and to community and check with thoughts.
Registration is presently open up till Nov. 11.
“Despite ongoing challenges because of to COVID-19, we ended up equipped to again generate an party that will be offered on the internet and no cost of charge to individuals so that this important party can go on to be provided,” said Teri Spence, director of the Outreach and On the web Education Business office of Compliance and Contracts.
This year’s speakers incorporate the adhering to:
- Gina Wetten, bigger schooling associate, and Lynette Kuhn, chief for the Division of Better Education and learning, Accessibility, and Equity, equally with the Pennsylvania Office of Education and learning.
- Marianne Boeke, senior director for study and condition support and interim president for NC-SARA.
- Jeannie Yockey-Fantastic, general counsel for NC-SARA.
- Jana Walser-Smith, director of interstate compliance and member outreach of the Point out Authorization Network.
- Elisa Jaden, director for the Southern Regional Schooling Boar location to NC-SARA.
“We are enthusiastic to be equipped to the moment once again present the workshop absolutely free of cost and almost to accommodate a lot more participation throughout the commonwealth,” claimed Shawna Pryle, compliance professional in the Business of Compliance and Contracts.
The Condition Authorization Reciprocity Agreements deliver a voluntary, regional solution to state oversight of postsecondary distance education and learning. States that be a part of SARA agree to adhere to uniform processes for approving their qualified institutions’ participation and for working with other states’ establishments. Additional than 2,200 colleges and universities nationwide participate in SARA.
Stop by the workshop’s site to sign-up and find extra information.