Software Deadline: January 9, 2023 at 5:00PM
The Teachers of Essential Languages System is sponsored by the U.S. Section of Point out Bureau of Academic and Cultural Affairs and applied by American Councils for Global Schooling in cooperation with America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc. (AMIDEAST) in Egypt and the Moroccan-American Commission for Instructional and Cultural Exchange (MACECE) in Morocco.
Candidates will be regarded as without having regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender. Level of competition for the TCLP is merit-based mostly and open to anybody who:
- Is a citizen of Egypt or Morocco who at the moment resides in Egypt or Morocco
- Is now a whole-time teacher of English as a Foreign Language or Arabic as a International Language in a main or secondary (K-12) faculty in Egypt or Morocco
- At the time of software has at minimum 4 a long time of whole-time classroom educating working experience
- Is geared up to train for the whole U.S. academic calendar year with go away time limited to faculty breaks
- Has a company understanding of Modern-day Common Arabic (fus’ha)
- Has at the very least a bachelor’s diploma
- Demonstrates a determination to go on teaching following completion of the system
- Is proficient in penned and spoken English and
- Has submitted a entire application (Egypt: please see Application Checklist Morocco: contact [email protected]).
Folks in the adhering to situation are NOT eligible for the TCLP:
- U.S. citizens and long term residents of the United States, or their spouses
- People currently participating in tutorial, instruction, or exploration courses in the United States
- Individuals who have applied for U.S. long term residency, such as Inexperienced Card lottery, in the past three yrs
- People today currently finding out, residing, or doing work outdoors of Egypt or Morocco
- Ministry of Schooling officers, entire-time principals or academic administrators, whole-time instructor trainers, education and learning consultants, college faculty, non-public English Language tutors and
- People today who have participated in an exchange customer software sponsored by the U.S. federal government for a period of a lot more than 6 months in the very last 5 yrs.
The U.S. Section of Condition and American Councils reserve the appropriate to verify all of the info integrated in the application. In the celebration that there is a discrepancy, or info is identified to be untrue, the application will straight away be declared invalid and the applicant ineligible.
Purposes not meeting the earlier mentioned technological eligibility specifications will not be forwarded to the collection committee.
TCLP is funded via the Bureau of Instructional and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the U.S. Office of Point out and supplies:
- J-1 visa support
- A pre-departure orientation held in the participant’s household country
- Round-excursion travel from each participant’s house region to and inside of the U.S.
- A nine-working day welcome orientation in Washington, DC
- A teaching assignment of roughly 10.5 months in a U.S. host school
- Expert advancement workshops
- Accident and sickness health and fitness benefit
- Aid with obtaining housing, generally organized by the U.S. host university/academic community
- Dwelling stipend of approximately $20,000 and
- Housing in the variety of a every month housing allowance for the length of the software, calculated primarily based on average housing charges for the assigned host neighborhood.
Assortment Course of action
The U.S. Office of Condition and American Councils will convene an unbiased panel to critique the programs on the basis of the following:
- Skilled and instructional practical experience and achievements
- Shown leadership potential
- Preparedness (like maturity, versatility, and skill to purpose independently) for an intensive tutorial calendar year in the U.S.
- Ability to express suggestions plainly and effectively
- Demonstrated motivation to present-day pedagogy and willingness to adapt methodology
- Willingness to co-teach in the U.S. classroom and
- Potential for developing prolonged-time period linkages amongst U.S. and Egyptian/Moroccan instructional establishments and faculties.
Candidates who have had handful of or no alternatives to travel to the U.S. will be given precedence.
- To be regarded as for the method, make sure you post a finish software on-line.
- Incomplete apps or products submitted by fax or e-mail will not be recognized.
- Except otherwise famous, remember to remedy all questions in English.
- If a expected issue does not utilize to you, remember to enter N/A (not applicable).
- There is a limit of a few (3) attachments for each relevant problem if extra than three are submitted, the application might be disqualified.
- Additional products (this sort of as college student perform or hand-outs) really should NOT be included.
- Products that need complex tools (these as audio or videotapes) will not be reviewed by the range committee.
To be viewed as comprehensive, all programs need to consist of:
- An Exchange Trainer Software Form
- An essay that consists of detailed answers to all thoughts
- Transcript(s)/teaching certification(s)
- A resume written in English that is no additional than two webpages long
- A current passport-dimensions photograph of the applicant and
- Just one finished suggestion kind from a individual who is the applicant’s supervisor and is common with his/her professional do the job it can not be penned by a family members member. Tips ought to be submitted with the software by the software deadline date. Suggestions submitted independently or submitted right after the deadline will not be acknowledged. Please give an English translation of the suggestion letter if it is not penned in English. The translated letter does not have to have to be qualified or notarized, but really should be clearly marked as a translation.
For Extra Information and facts: