Description: Learners will discover the interconnectedness of system and brain wellbeing by means of an experiential, interdisciplinary analyze that blends principle, investigation, and follow. Offered as a result of the Bodily Education & Head Human body Health and fitness, core coursework features foundations in yoga, mindfulness, and tension management for a thorough technique to healthful residing. Interdisciplinary coursework examines psychological and physical health for a multi-dimensional watch of head-entire body consciousness and link. This slight is developed for students who want to increase a dimension of wellbeing to their particular and academic lives. It is notably suited for those people with job passions in well being treatment, bodily treatment, psychology, or social get the job done.
For additional information and facts about the Brain-Entire body Research small, please speak to Linda Yaron Weston at [email protected].
Required Coursework (20 units): Pupils will comprehensive a mixture of experiential lessons in Physical Education & Thoughts System Wellness, as nicely as principle and study-primarily based interdisciplinary electives.
Core Classes (3 models)
PHED 120a: Yoga – 1 unit
PHED 119: Introduction to Mindfulness – 2 models OR
PHED 160: Stress Management for Healthful Dwelling – 2 units
Upper-Division Courses (Opt for 12 models)
BAEP 472: The Science of Peak Efficiency – 2 models
DANC 362: Pilates Mat Coaching – 2 models
GERO 411L: Physiology, Nourishment, and Growing older – 2 units
HBIO 301L: Human Anatomy – 4 units
HBIO 309: The Human Device – 4 models
HBIO 401L: Physiology of Motion – 4 models
MKT 404: Pleasure and Wellbeing in the Market – 4 models
OT 325: The Mind: Head, Physique, and Self – 4 models
PSYC 339Lg: Origin of the Head – 4 units
REL 340: Introduction to Indian Philosophy – 4 units
Electives* (Opt for 5 units)
PHED 106a: Bodily Conditioning – 1 device
PHED 110: Swimming – 1 unit
PHED 118: Rest for Peak Overall performance – 2 units
PHED 119: Introduction to Mindfulness – 2 units
PHED 120b: Yoga B – 1 device
PHED 122: Kundalini Yoga and Meditation – 1 unit
PHED 123: Yoga Treatment – 2 models
PHED 124: Walking for Exercise – 1 unit
PHED 134: Hiking – 1 unit
PHED 160: Strain Administration for Healthier Residing – 2 units
PHED 163: Well being Coaching – 3 units
PHED 299: Yoga and Meditation Immersion in Tulum, Mexico – 2 units
* Maximum 4 PHED activity models authorized at USC. Minor courses PHED 118, 119, 123, 160, 163 are exempt from this rule.
- Examine the interconnectedness of human body and intellect throughout disciplines for a comprehensive approach to psychological, bodily, social, and collective wellbeing.
- Make and sustain a personal meditation apply, use aware respiration tactics, and utilize balanced residing methods to nutrition, exercise, sleep, and strain resilience.
- Deepen self-awareness of alignment and human body mechanics for amplified toughness, harmony, and flexibility — and self-consciousness as a basis for psychological wellness and psychological literacy.
- Investigate what it indicates to practice contentment, resilience, consent, and wellbeing, recognizing diverse bodies, identities, views, and sociocultural encounters.
- Implement mindful recognition in each day life, which includes as it relates to:
- final decision generating and trouble solving.
- interpersonal associations and communication.
- job-readiness, time administration, intention placing, and exploring what it means to have a conscious and purposeful partnership with technologies.