A choice of remarks from our Fb webpage last week:
On a story about the Mercer County Board of Training customers staying sworn in:
• Private colleges are the only real selection to get an instruction — Jonathan H.
• This isn’t a information tale but Alright. Far more of the identical in Mercer County. Having the mother and father rights absent. Sad! — Jennifer M.
• Getting experienced the satisfaction of realizing Greg and Jacinda for a lot of yrs, I know how much they care about the faculties, our little ones and our county — Jody M.
• Mother and father need to just get started household schooling at this position since politics has overrun into the university technique where like so much really do not belong … it’s long gone to hell in a hand basket — Lynn S.
On a tale about the Mercer County Commission voting to give county staff a 5 p.c elevate:
• That is a big raise. Will need to see a lot more work out in the county, then — Travis W.
• So when are the ones on Social Safety having a 5 per cent fork out raise? — Monthly bill S.
On stories about a deadly officer-associated capturing in Beckley:
• You point guns at cops you gonna get shot. Congrats to the cops for their support. If the dude didn’t want to get shot he would have listened to them, that basic — Gary S.
• To start with shot he was down and gun was dropped. They retained taking pictures. SMH — DeAnna H.
• No make a difference what selection the cops made any individual is gonna complain. If this person had started off capturing at all the folks who had been in their cars persons would say why didn’t the cops shoot him ahead of he had a likelihood to shoot anyone else? — Tina B.
• People superior wake up and comprehend what variety of earth we are residing in! Grateful for these brave men and women that set their lives on the line every day — Amber T.
• Oh properly. You know what they say about “play stupid video games.” Thank God no officers ended up injured or even worse — Angie L.
• Overkill. One particular shot was sufficient — Bri D.
• I’m shocked he was not taken down sooner, brandishing a firearm with individuals all about in autos. Also, he could have shot a police officer. Great task Law Enforcement! — Angie L
• Every person is creating excuses for this man nevertheless no one appears to be to get that he selected to hold brandishing a gun close to harmless persons. How extensive were being the cops suppose to enable him do as he happy? — Invoice C.
On a story about the Democrat-managed Legislature and governor in New York now demanding gun candidates to hand above their social media accounts for “character and conduct” reviews:
• This was experimented with by companies to entry personnel particular daily life. It was ruled unconstitutional. Time to begin some lawsuits — Chuck W.
• With any luck , they will have a new Republican governor in November and do away with all the craziness! — Larry T
• So they go from a single authorities overreach to a further — Stuart R.
• That should really be typical anyplace — Dave H.
On a story about Elon Musk terminating his $44 billion Twitter get out offer:
• Be cheaper to start off his individual — David J.
On a tale about a lot more deserted mine sites to be reclaimed in Southern Virginia:
• I imagine it would be more assist to the citizens to fill in the potholes in the roads and highways that to pour money into abandoned coal mines — Jim R.
• Now if this can be accomplished much more in other coal mining communities, like in West Virginia like in McDowell County it’s possible even reworking some communities into tourist cities — Hobart C.
• We need coal mines reopened not repurposed! I know some my grandpaw labored in experienced many years of coal still left — Rodney M.
On a tale about President Joe Biden celebrating the passage of the new gun-command legislation passed by Congress with aid from some Republicans:
• Coming from a group that would not be capable to distinguish an air rifle from a 30.06 — Bill C.
• Ban guns to help save young ones in university and switch all over and eliminate the kids with a abortion legislation. They need to choose what they want. They simply cannot have it equally strategies — Delbert C.
• They said there’d be tribulations in the finish periods — Matt McC.